Founded in 1994, The Magnusson Group is a family-owned business that is New Jersey’s leading provider of personal property appraisals, asset management solutions and bespoke estate sales. Their close-knit team of professional, accredited appraisers helps HNW and UHNW individuals identify, value and sell home furnishings, art, antiques, jewelry, designer goods and objets d’art. Serving qualified clients and estates from their office in Morristown, The Magnusson Group boasts a capable, full-time team of administrators, marketing experts, stagers and salespeople.
Helming the firm is company president Lynn Magnusson, ASA, AAA, ISA, one of the only appraisers in the world to hold accredited/certified memberships in each of the three personal property accreditation associations--the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), the Appraisers Association of America (AAA) and the International Society of Appraisers (ISA). These associations are unique in that they require rigorous testing and continuing education. Her husband Drew is Vice President & Senior Appraiser at the firm where he regularly mines his expertise of the metal market, art and antiques. Their daughter Lauren is the Managing Director of the firm’s marquee Estate Sales Division where she successfully oversees two sales teams. The Magnusson’s full-time support staff is complemented by their national network of appraisers, specialists, dealers and collectors. From antique, vintage and contemporary items of decorative and fine art, the team has the resources and strategies to achieve top dollar in the ideal venue.
Magnusson group is always very professional and polite. Thank you
July 22, 2023
November 16, 2022
Helpful auction manager.
August 26, 2022
Overall five-stars. Listings were well photographed and well described and I am very happy with my purchases. This particular auction was from a lovely 18th century home -- with extremely narrow space for moving furniture. It would have been nice if Magnusson provided an extra set of hands to assist (we shouldn't have had to move other furniture/items in order to retrieve our items from the home).
June 09, 2022
Very helpful OUTSTANDING
February 02, 2022
January 28, 2022
Outstanding, exceptional service, knowledge, and response to all my inquiries, constantly during several auctions and sales. Jack has been the contact person in my auctions and he has earned my admiration and trust for his excellent and elegant performance. The Magnuson Group is a very serious, reliable, highly professional company based on historical knowledge, research and experience. Lauren Magnuson is an inspiration and a total delight to work with and a constant success in her profession. Highest marks from me, after years of seeing them in business.
Signed: AMW in Bronxville
Getting in contact with us is now easier than ever! Just fill out the appropriate fields below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Terms & Conditions
1. By bidding on any auction, you are entering into a binding legal agreement with Magnusson Group.
2. All bids submitted at Magnusson Group’ auctions are final and irrevocable. If you are the highest bidder when the auction closes, you are the new owner of that item. All sales are final.
3. Magnusson Group sells each and every item "as is, where is." We make no representations or warranties with respect to the items in our auctions. We recommend that you visit the auction site on the announced preview date(s) to inspect any items you would like to buy before bidding. You may also send someone to the site to conduct the inspection on your behalf.
4. Every Magnusson Group auction is unreserved. Each and every item is sold without reserves, or limits. Magnusson Group expressly forbids consignors and their agents from bidding on any item they have consigned to an auction. Every item becomes the responsibility of the new owner as soon as the auctioneer announces that an item has been sold. If you are the highest bidder, you are responsible for insuring your purchase immediately.
5. Registration to bid is free. You must register online with a valid credit card at TheMagnussonGroup.com to bid on our online auctions.
6. Winning bidders are required to pay a buyer’s premium of 18% on all purchases.
7. Winning bidders are required to pay New Jersey State Sales Tax of 6.625% on all purchases. (Unless a valid Resale Certificate is provided prior to the auction start)
8. Winning bidder’s Credit Card on file will be charged for the sale price plus the buyer’s premium and NJ State Sales Tax upon the close of the auction or shortly thereafter. Buyers cannot take possession of or remove their purchases from the auction site until the total purchase price (including applicable taxes or fees) has been paid in full. Purchases must be removed from the site by the time specified in the auction catalogue or on the auction details page on this website.
9. Winning bidder is responsible for picking up their items on the listed pick up dates. Failure to pick up items on the listed date will result in the item being re-sold or disposed of with no refund due the winning bidder.
10. Winning bidder is responsible for supplying all labor and materials required for pickup and removal of their items. No extra help will be offered unless previously arranged for a separate fee.