What is the best way to contact Retro Roadshow Auctions?
Send an email to RetroRoadshowAuctions@gmail.com, or a text message to 833-210-9901. If you need help with a specific order or lot #, make sure to include the name on your profile and date of the auction. Phone calls and voicemails are NOT checked regularly.
I won items in an auction! How long till I get them?
We’re not Amazon, so they won’t be there when you wake up! :) We’re a small auction company, and only have a few people finding/photographing/listing/shipping all the awesome pieces in our auctions. We try our best to have orders shipped within 7-10 business days of the close of an auction, and will try to communicate any factors that hold up the shipment of orders. Please be patient with us if there are issues in processing.
My invoice was over $250.00. Why do I have to send a copy/picture of my driver’s license?
This is a common requirement with online auctions, and something Auction Ninja recommends that we do. Requiring a copy of your driver's license is a way that we can verify the billing address matches the shipping address, and helps us cut down on fraudulent transactions. We want to protect our customers and deter scammers from bidding against you in our auctions.
How does shipping work?
Our goal is to get your won items to you safely, and at a reasonable price. We use Shippo and Shipping Saint software to ship all orders. You will get an invoice email and text message after the auction closes asking for your email address (Auction Ninja doesn’t share it with us). If we receive your email address, we will upload your information to Shipping Saint so that we can send you an invoice for your shipping charge. Doing this saves us time, lets you verify the address we are shipping to is correct, and gives us a way to automatically send you your tracking information. If we don’t receive your email address in 2-3 days following the close of the auction, we will load your shipment information into Shippo’s software and deduct the cost of shipping from your card on file with Auction Ninja. Your shipping charge will show on your registered credit card as a transaction from “Retro Roadshow Auctions”. We will send you a message through Auction Ninja letting you know that your package is on its way and the charge is being deducted.
I’m not comfortable paying a shipping invoice. What now?
We have shipped over a thousand packages through the software without any problems for our customers, but we understand if you don’t feel comfortable paying the invoice. Just send us an email to RetroRoadshowAuctions@gmail.com after the auction closes and we can mark your order to be shipped through our other software and we will deduct the charge from your card on file with Auction Ninja.
How much will shipping cost?
The software we use lets us compare prices so we can send your order the most cost effective way. The shipping charge is the actual cost of postage and insurance, plus $4 dollars for materials and handling per invoice/order. Higher value orders are shipped with signature delivery, as well. Most orders end up shipping for $8.00-$12.00, but it can be more if you win high dollar items. We also are happy to combine items from different auctions that end close together to save customers on shipping charges. Just email to let us know you’d like us to hold off on shipping :)
I want to know the length or size of a piece. Can you measure an item?
We try our best to answer emails/messages asking for measurements before the close of the auction. Sometimes we aren’t able to get to them in time. All posted lots should have a picture of the item on a grid mat. Each square on the mat is 1”, which will give you a general idea of the size of the item.
The picture looks like there are tarnishes or the item is dirty. Why is this?
Most of the items we post are vintage or antique, and have been well loved by their previous owner(s). In the world of antique/vintage jewelry, some feel that it’s a HUGE no-no to clean or polish jewelry and that it takes away from the value. So, we leave that choice up to the new owner. As stated in our terms/conditions, all items are sold “As-Is”.
On-Line Only Auction- Terms & Conditions
18% Buyer's premium added to final bids. Sales tax will be charged unless current Blanket Exemption form is on file with auction company. Items will be shipped in-house at buyer's expense. Upon registration, the Bidder warrants that they are of legal age and have read and understand the terms and conditions as listed and that such terms shall govern this auction sale.
We attempt to describe all items well. If the item is described as silver or gold, the item is either marked as such, Acid tested, electronically tested, or XRF tested. We cannot guarantee stone origination- lab created, enhanced or otherwise.
1. All Bidders must first complete the New Bidder Information form as provided. All Bidders are required to provide valid credit card information in order to register for this auction. YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNLESS YOU ARE THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER.
2. Throughout the auction process Bidders are encouraged to check their bids often in order to ensure success. Bidders may also choose to receive e-mail notifications when Outbid on an item. These notifications will not be sent out during the final two hours of the auction sale.
3. Bidders have the option of setting a maximum bid amount allowing the auction software system to automatically bid on their behalf to the next highest bid increment.
4. All items are always sold UNRESERVED unless specifically mentioned in the item description.
5. Soft Close: In the event that a bid is placed on an item in the final minute of the auction sale, the auction for that item will automatically be extended and remain open for an additional 2 minutes. This will continue until all bidding has ceased.
6. Although the auction company makes every attempt to ensure that all items are authentic and that all photographs and descriptions are accurate and error free, no sale shall be invalidated by reason of any defect or inaccuracy in the description or photo provided. Photos used in the Auction catalog on occasion may be that of duplicate lots or of similar or equal items as seen and found on the internet. Preview times are offered and all Bidders are encouraged to take advantage of the preview times in order to thoroughly inspect all items to their own satisfaction. For some items, coin or currency may be used for scale only and are not included in lot. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS.
7. The highest Bidder shall become the Purchaser and no Bidder shall retract his / her bid at any point throughout the auction sale. Upon award of the successful bid, the Purchaser will receive an invoice via email within 24 hours of the auction close. Full payment for all purchases is required on the day of the auction sale and will be charged to the credit card provided, acceptance of these terms constitutes authorization and approval to charge your credit card on file. A 15% buyer's premium plus Handling Shipping Transportation, (if applicable) will be added to the purchase price of all items sold at the auction. Failure to provide full payment using the credit card provided or to arrange alternative method of payment during allotted pick up times may result in suspension of bidding privileges.
8. Pickup and Removal: All items must be removed on the dates and times as provided. Items not picked up after 30 days will be considered abandoned and the Auction will dispose of or resell the items at the Purchasers sole risk with no refund provided. Any items that must be removed by the auction company on behalf of the purchasers may incur additional charges for moving and/or storage. In the event purchaser has requested shipping and obtained approval of auction company to do so, shipping will be done in house at the purchasers expense, and will be a separate and additional charge from the auction company.
9. Purchasers are responsible to bring any necessary tools, packing material or additional labor in order to remove purchased items. Note: Any damages caused to the property by the Purchaser or agents acting on behalf of the Purchaser during removal of the items, will be billed to the Purchaser and added to the Purchaser's credit card.
10. The catalog listing may be subject to deletions at any time throughout the auction process. In the event that the auction company is unable to deliver any awarded lot(s) as a result of theft, damage, or for any reason whatsoever, the auction company sole liability shall be the return of any monies paid on such lots.
11. By his/her purchase, the buyer waives any claims for liability against either the auction company, its related organizations or the consignor of the item or service, arising in any way whatsoever including, but not limiting the generality of the foregoing, any liability resulting from the utilization of the property or services sold or from failure of the goods to match the provided descriptions.
12. The auction company and their employees are not liable for any loss, damage or accidents that may occur on the auction premises.
13. Retro Roadshow will provide reminders, follow-ups, answers to questions, and promotion of auctions via text. You may opt out of text communication at ANY TIME.
14. Retro Roadshow Strives to get the most money for our clients, our consigners. Those who have consigned items to Retro Roadshow auctions or those who work on behalf of Retro Roadshow Auctions are permitted to bid on any auction items.
15. Retro Roadshow reserves the right to bid for absentee bidders or phone bidders
16. All auctions conducted by DBA Retro Roadshow and Legacy Estate Settlement, LLC are assumed to be Reserve Auctions unless it is explicitly stated that the auction is an "absolute auction".
When registering, if your registered address, billing address, and shipping address DO NOT match, please know that a copy of your ID will be required so that we can verify that no FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY is taking place, or your invoice may be canceled, and you could be blocked from bidding in all future Retro Roadshow auctions.
The credit card that you register with is the credit card that will be billed at the end of the auction, and the address you provide is the shipping address where your items will be shipped.
** If you need to reach us, please send an email to RetroRoadshowAuctions@gmail.com. Texts, phone calls, and voicemails are not checked regularly, and may not be responded to.**